Through Confirmation, the Holy Spirit endows the people of God with special strength to spread and defend the faith, both by word and by deed, as true witnesses of Christ.
- Effective in September, 2015, all children who have reached grade 7 or higher are eligible to receive this sacrament.
- Those baptized in the Orthodox or other Eastern rites may have already received their Confirmation. They may participate in the preparation sessions but not in the Confirmation celebrations.
- The sacrament will be administered on or near Pentecost Sunday by the Regional Bishop or the Pastor.
- The immediate preparation for this sacrament takes place at the parish. The candidates for Confirmation must attend all parish preparation sessions, an Enrollment Celebration, a Family Gathering, a retreat, a practice for the Rite of Confirmation and write a letter to the Bishop explaining their reasons why they feel they are ready to receive the sacrament of Confirmation.
- The preparation sessions are facilitated by parish volunteers. The teachers at our parish schools will support and supplement these sessions.
- The parish preparation program is open to all Gr. 7 students in the parish whether they are in public, private or separate schools.
For further information, please call Cathie Furfaro at 905-884-7006 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org