RCIA – Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults
- Open to persons 16 years of age or older. If they are married they must be in a valid union, or be eligible for validation before the Easter Vigil. If a former marriage required an annulment the person cannot enter the program until the annulment has been granted.
- The inquiry sessions will run year long and begin in when the person joins. These sessions are to prepare candidates for reception into the Church at the Easter Vigil. Attendance is mandatory.
- The Catechumenate candidate must also have a sponsor who is a practicing Catholic and who has received all the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Reconciliation, Communion). This sponsor will be required to attend the same sessions at the proper times.
- Any person baptized in the Catholic church who has not received previous sacramental instruction or who has been baptized, is baptized in another Christian faith, who belongs to a non-Christian Church is eligible for this program.
- Persons can be accepted into the Inquiry stage at any time during the year.
RCIA – Initiation of Children
- This program is open to all children who have reached the age of reason (7 years old) and have not attended a Catholic school or had any other catechesis.
- The child may already be baptized in the Catholic church, or another Christian church, or not baptized at all. At least one of the parents should be baptized and practicing Catholic as well as a member of Our Lady Queen of the World, Parish.
Please call the parish office for more information.