The Holy Eucharist is the source and summit of our Christian life.
- Children receive the Sacrament of First Reconciliation before they receive their First Communion.
- The parish preparation program is open to all validly baptized children of the Roman Catholic Rite who have reached the age of seven, whether they are in public, private or separate schools.
- Those baptized in the Orthodox or Byzantine Rites have already received their First Communion.
They may participate in the preparation program but cannot participate in the First Communion celebrations.
- The sacrament should take place in the parish where the family worships and attends most regularly.
- First Communion takes place during Sunday celebrations during the Easter Season.
- The preparation for this sacrament takes place primarily in the home by the parents and at the parish in two Family Gatherings and during two ceremonies at Mass.
- Parents must attend an information and registration evening, two Family Gatherings, and two Sunday celebrations with their children: the Enrollment Mass and the Service of Light
For further information, or if you wish to volunteer as a catechist to assist in preparing the children and their families for this Sacrament, please call Dorothy Whelan at 905-884-7006 or e-mail email@example.com