As of Monday, June 7, 2021, the provincial government announced revisions to the “Roadmap for Reopening” as they relate to places of worship. The updated measures will result in places of worship opening at 15% capacity in Step 1 and 25% capacity in Step 2. We are grateful to Cardinal Collins, other faith leaders, and the provincial government for meeting and agreeing to these amendments. Step 1 of the provincial reopening plan will begin on Friday, June 11. We are reminded of the following:
- 15% capacity (observing physical distancing) for Mass, liturgical/sacramental celebrations.
- Please continue to comply with Worship Safe guidelines: wear masks, sanitize hands, physical distancing, avoid communal singing, avoid congregating in large numbers in or around the church before or after services. (Please follow the instructions given to you by our hospitality ministers).
- Please register for Mass at olqw.com or call the parish office.
- We will continue to livestream our Masses and other liturgical celebrations.
- The dispensation from the Sunday Eucharist continues. The elderly and those with compromised immune systems or other health conditions are encouraged to exercise extreme caution about any outings, including attendance at church.
- No meetings should take place in parish halls or other church spaces during Step 1. Virtual meetings should replace in-person meetings wherever possible.
- We continue to operate our parish office in a limited capacity for the safety of our office staff and parishioners.
Thank you for your ongoing co-operation during this challenging period of pandemic.